What a beautiful Friday! I am excited about the cooler fall weather that is hopefully coming. I started school this week and I had a fantastic week with my students. I have a really great class so that makes me even more excited for this year. This year may be bittersweet for me because I know that I won't be here full time next year; I love my job, especially the staff and students that I work with, so leaving this place full time will be very hard for me. Yet, I know it is the best thing for our family and I am looking forward to being a mom.
Our adoption papers are still at U.S. immigration, which is fine because as soon as we get them back then we have to start making some decisions about when we want to send them to Zambia. We are praying hard for God's timing. I am so thankful to have Him to rely on through this process. I know that He will bring that little girl into our lives when the time is right. Thankfully it's not up to me.
So, for now, we are enjoying life as we start a another season of being busy with jobs. God is good and we know He will give us feet for the paths He has for us.
Life is a wild ride with unexpected twists and turns. Join us for that journey as we share what God is doing in our lives and as we keep praying He will give us feet to walk the path He has in store for us.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
I'll Give This Another Try
It sounds like the other link only showed half of the video about why we chose to adopt. Hopefully this works better.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Waiting Begins
I haven't posted anything for a little while because not much has happened with our adoption lately. Our papers are at U.S. immigration and will be there for a few months. We should be notified soon with a fingerprinting appointment in Grand Rapids, but other than that we will just be waiting for awhile.
Once the papers get back to us from immigration we have to make a decision when we want to send them to Zambia. We could send them over right away, but that would mean that we would probably get a referral for a child in the middle of the school year. Right now I am committed to teaching a full year. I think we will hold on to our papers and not send them to Zambia until at least after the New Year. Two other families will be going to Zambia before us so we will be able to learn a lot about the timing from them. Once we have our child, I will not be going back to teach full time. We will see if anything works out part time next school year.
That is where we are at; we will continue to let you know of any progress. On another note, my brother, Kyle, leaves for Belmont University in Nashville, TN on Friday. Your prayers for his transition into college would be appreciated.
Once the papers get back to us from immigration we have to make a decision when we want to send them to Zambia. We could send them over right away, but that would mean that we would probably get a referral for a child in the middle of the school year. Right now I am committed to teaching a full year. I think we will hold on to our papers and not send them to Zambia until at least after the New Year. Two other families will be going to Zambia before us so we will be able to learn a lot about the timing from them. Once we have our child, I will not be going back to teach full time. We will see if anything works out part time next school year.
That is where we are at; we will continue to let you know of any progress. On another note, my brother, Kyle, leaves for Belmont University in Nashville, TN on Friday. Your prayers for his transition into college would be appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)